1st Book Club Meeting

@Edgar's Cafe:

Just had our very first book club meeting with my girls. We had coffee, exchanged notes and questions, jotted down new findings, and talked about the book for over 2 hours. I loved every delicious thought. Every wicked opinion. Every unanswered question. We read A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini:


“Each snowflake was a sigh of aggrieved woman somewhere in the world. That all the sighs drifted up the sky, gathered into clouds, then broke into tiny pieces that fall suddenly on the people below as a reminder of how women like us suffer. How quietly we endure all that falls upon us”.


Next book: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

1 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Oh shit- I've started Anna Karenina 6 times, and never gotten past the first chapter. Oy. I'm scurred! Keep me updated on how it goes..maybe I'll make it to chapter 2. :) Check out my blog: http://strandupdate.blogspot.com because I have reviewed a LOT of books on there. :)

Post a Comment

top